Forestburg Public Library is governed by appointed trustees from the municipality of Forestburg. Library board meetings are open to the public and happen once a month, except in July and August, on the 2nd Thursday at 6 PM. Our current board chair is Kristy Jackson and our library manager is Sarah Tonowski.
- Kristy Jackson (Chair)
- Dave Tibble
- Caroline Boddy
- Elaine Fossen
- Gaye Montepetit (Vice Chair)
- Jean Brennan
- Jeanette Herle
Friends of the Forestburg Public Library
The Friends of the Library supports the library by promoting the library and conducting fundraising projects.
Meetings are held three times per year in conjunction with Library Board meetings, in the months of February, June and October. If you would like to join the group, contact Marion Riise, Friends of the Library President, or Sarah Tonowski, Library Manager.
- Canvasing for and helping to set up for the annual Red Serge Ball
- Hosting an annual knit-a-thon in April where an afghan is created
- Holding a raffle of the knit-a-thon afghan and kids' Christmas books in the Christmas season
- Partnering with Golden Prairie 4-H to conduct a bottle drive in the Spring
- Having a table in the Christmas Market in November
- Working a casino in Red Deer approximately every 3 years
- Allocating the funds raised to various library projects